Pre-registration for 2013-14 pre-kindergarten students at Lonoke Primary School will be May 3 from 8:30 a.m. until 2:45 p.m.
To register a child for pre-kindergarten, parents or guardians will need a birth certificate and a social security card. The five types of certificates allowed are:
• A statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the child’s date of birth.
• An attested baptism certificate.
• A passport.
• An affidavit of the date and place of birth by the child’s parent or guardian.
• A birth certificate
• Proof of income.
The child must be 4 year old on or before Aug. 1, 2013 to be enrolled in the pre-kindergarten program.
A complete immunization record must be furnished at the time of registration. The law states that a child who enters pre-kindergarten must have been immunized according to the following criteria:
• Diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis: A child must have received at least four doses of DTP. One dose must have been administered after the child’s fourth birthday.
• Polio: A child must have received at least four doses of oral polio inactivated polio (Salk) in any combinations of the two vaccines. At least one dose must have been administered after the child’s fourth birthday.
• Measles, mumps and rubella: A student must have two dose of Measles vaccine. The first dose must have been on or after the first birthday and the second dose at least 28 days after the first dose.
• Hepatitis B: Three shot series.
• Chicken Pox: Two shots
All pre-kindergarten students are required to have a physical. The physical, or a copy, will be placed in the student’s file. This is required at registration.