Board hears about social studies grant
Custom Search 2
The Lonoke School board heard of recent grants received during the board meeting on Monday night.
According to high school history teacher Christine Edlemann, she has received a total of $4,776.51 in grants for materials in the classroom. She said the first grant received was an economic education grant totalling $749.59, which will be used for supplies and instructional materials. The second $971.36 grant received was an AP Material grant which will be used for materials for the AP U.S. government and politics classes. The third grant received was an Arkansas Society and Investment grant for $3,055.56. Edlemann said she will be purchasing 11 Google Chrome books so her students can participate in the stock market investment game.
Middle school principal Jeannie Holt and assistant principal Rosalynd Kelleybrew presented middle student and employee of the month recognitions during the meeting. The licensed employee of the month is eighth grade math teacher Autumn Stuart. Stuart is said to be an excellent teacher and very informational. Certified employee of the month was Corporal Malcolm Cole. Cole is said to be such a good role model for our kids.
“He goes above and beyond to be positive for our students,” Holt said. “He truly cares about our kids.”
The female student of the month is eighth grade student Hannah Kittler. Kittler is said to be excellent in school, mannerable and such a joy to work with. Male student of the month is eighth grade student Michael Hodges. Hodges is said to be very mannerable, a student who works really hard and eager to do what is asked of him and an all around good student.
Student and employees of the month are selected by their peers. Next month recognitions will be from the high school.
Also during the meeting, the board unanimously voted to:
• Accept the resignation of Steven Lilly, Adult Education Director
• Give a one time $250 bonus to all full time employees and a one time $150 bonus to all part-time employees
• To approve a board resolution to do business with Sew What
• Accept the policy changes as presented
• Accept the facility usage agreement as presented
• Change the Jan. 20 board meeting to 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 27. There will be a reception honoring all past and present board members, and specifically recognizing Rick Pennington for his 21 years of service to the district, from 5:30-6:30 p.m. prior to the meeting.
Tony Kelleybrew was absent from the meeting. The next regular board meeting will be at 6 p.m. on Dec. 16 in the administration office